A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. An ATX motherboard usually has:
A. An Integrated PS/2 mouse connector.
B. An AT keyboard connector.
C. Two IEEE 1284 Ports.
D. Two IEEE 1394 Ports.
2. A customer complains that they are getting buffer underrun errors every time they try to burn a CD-RW. What would you suggest the customer do to fix their problem?
A. Turn the CD-RW over and use the other side.
B. Turn off all background tasks and burn at a slower speed.
C. Reboot computer.
D. None of above
3. The CD-ROM has stopped working. You think the drive is not getting the proper voltage. What device can be used to determine the drive is getting the proper voltage?
A. Wire tester
C. Ohm meter
D. AMP meter
4. The resolution on a new 19" ULTRA VGA monitor was set to 640 x 480 16 colors. You change the resolution to 800x600 High color 16-bit. But the monitor goes blank. What could be the problem?
A. The video card is using an IRQ
B. The video card is not installed properly
C. The monitor trapezoid setting is wrapped.
D. The refresh rate is too fast for the monitor
5. A customer has a notebook with a single Type II PCMCIA slot. The customer wants to upgrade the system memory but can only afford a Type I PCMCIA memory card. Will the customer be able to use this card?
A. Yes, the card is compatible.
B. Yes, but it will require an adapter to convert the card to Type II.
C. No, Type I cards are incompatible with Type II Slots.
D. No, PCMCIA is for peripheral expansion and not memory.
6. Which of the following can be used to clean the inside of a computer tower?
B. Canned air
C. Turbo fan
D. Liquid cleaner
7. You are installing a modem on COM3. Which I/O address should you normally use?
8. When configuring ISA network interface cards without jumpers or plug and play. What is used to set IRQs?
C. The operating system.
D. Configuration software.
9. Which of the following are required to connect a laptop to a wireless network?
A. Wireless NIC
C. RJ 45
D. Cat 5e cable
10. A customer complains that her PC boots and runs fine for a short period of time. Then it starts to exhibit various intermittent problems. What is the MOST probable cause of this?
A. Bad location in memory.
B. Disk drive that has a bad sector.
C. Heat problem caused by a bad fan.
D. Defective power supply.
11. Which Printer interface Operates at either 400 or 800 Mbps?
12. The electrical connector between the docking station and a portable computer is
A. Used as a surge suppressor
B. Manufacturer specific only
C. Manufacturer and model specific
D. Not propriety but is an industry standard
13. What should you do first if the mouse pointer is not moving correctly across the screen?
A. Clean the mouse
B. Reconfigure the system
C. Plug into a different port
D. Check the mouse drivers in the operating system
14. The CD-ROM has stopped working. You think the drive is not getting the proper voltage. What device can be used to determine the drive is getting the proper voltage?
A. Wire tester
C. Ohm meter
D. AMP meter
15. A customer just installed a new CD-RW. The system was working fine before the installation, but now the CD-RW does not work. What should you suggest that the customer should do?
A. Flash or upgrade the BIOS
B. Check the CONFIG.SYS setup
C. Add the CD-RW in the device manager
D. Check the jumper settings on the CD-RW
16. All of the following ports can support full duplex communication except _____.
17. Which motherboard type allows you to turn off the computer via software?
18. You are called to a user desk because of a continuous beep noise coming from the tower. What can be causing this noise?
A. A virus has been downloaded to the system
B. The memory has failed
C. One of the keys on the keyboard is stuck in the down position
D. The wrong driver was installed for the keyboard
19. What is your first action when windows report that your hard drive is developing bad sectors?
A. Replace the hard drive.
B. Run SECCLEAN from DOS
C. Run the defrag utility on the hard Drive.
D. Run Scan Disk with the thorough option.
20. You have installed a new modem with jumpers set to COM2 and IRQ3, but Windows cannot detect the modem. What is the problem?
A. No dial tone.
B. IRQ conflict.
C. DMA overrun
D. COM port speed not set to 256Kbps.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc