A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. A customer has a PC that supports an AMD Athlon XP 2100 + processor. What is the Front side Bus speed of the customer's main broad?
A. 133 MHz
B. 166 MHz
C. 200 MHz
D. 266 MHz
2. When installing a new video card in a system which previously used an onboard video controller, the onboard video controller needs to be:
A. disabled in the windows control panel
B. disable in the BIOS
C. Physically removed.
D. disable using the jumper pin on the new video card.
3. A technician connects a joystick to a sound card. What IRQ would the joystick use?
A. IRQ 2
B. IRQ 5
C. IRQ 10
D. Joystick does not use an IRQ.
4. When replacing a power supply what must you observe?
5. A workstation has just been installed on the Ethernet LAN but cannot communicate with the network. What should you do first?
A. Reinstall the network protocols.
B. Reinstall the network interface card driver.
C. Verify the IP configuration on the workstation.
D. Verify the link status on the computer's network card.
6. You are the technician at MCQ Sets DOT Com. The CEO wants to migrate to a 64 bit processor. Which of following processors would you suggest using?
A. AMD Opteron
B. Intel Celeron
C. Intel k64
D. AMD k64
7. The computer will not boot from the floppy drive. What are the most likely causes?
A. There is no partition on the hard drive.
B. The boot floppy is formatted on FAT 16.
C. The boot sequence in the BIOS is incorrect
D. The hard drive has more than one partitions defined.
8. What is the default IRQ for the floppy drive controller?
9. RJ-45 connectors are used in which of the following topologies?
10. You have installed a new modem with jumpers set to COM2 and IRQ3, but Windows cannot detect the modem. What is the problem?
A. No dial tone.
B. IRQ conflict.
C. DMA overrun
D. COM port speed not set to 256Kbps.
11. The resolution on a new 19" ULTRA VGA monitor was set to 640 x 480 16 colors. You change the resolution to 800x600 High color 16-bit. But the monitor goes blank. What could be the problem?
A. The video card is using an IRQ
B. The video card is not installed properly
C. The monitor trapezoid setting is wrapped.
D. The refresh rate is too fast for the monitor
12. Which memory address range is reserved for VGA video card?
13. Which of the following are supported by TCP/IP?
D. None of above
14. A customer complains that a recently upgraded computer shuts down after a few minutes of operation. You verify the power supply is working correctly. Which of the following is the NEXT component you should check?
A. CPU cooling fan
B. Computer memory
C. IDE Harddrives
D. CMOS battery
15. You are a technician at MCQ Sets DOT Com. Your newly appointed trainee wants to know the major design difference between the Pentium 3 and Pentium 2 is. What would your reply be?
A. Pipeline cache size
B. Capacitor technology
C. High core temperature
D. Additional instruction set
16. What determines the drive letter for a floppy drive?
A. Jumper settings on the drive
B. Jumper settings on the motherboard
C. The connector on the ribbon cable
D. None of above
17. Which Printer interface Operates at either 400 or 800 Mbps?
18. When installing an ISA Modem it would be good practice to know available ___ and IRQ number to use before installing the modem.
B. COM Ports
C. ISA address
D. None of above
19. You have just installed a new internal PCI modem in your desktop. It will not dial out. What is the problem?
A. The port speed is set too high.
B. The modem has not been set up in control panel properties
C. The phone line is plugged in to the line-in port on the modem card.
D. The phone line out of the wall is plugged into the phone port on the modem card.
20. USB can supply power for all of the following except ___.
A. 4 port hub
D. External hard drive
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc