A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. What is the default IRQ for LPT1?
2. What would a multimeter be used to measure?
A. CD-ROM data
B. Power-supply voltage
C. Floppy drive speed
D. RAID controller synchronization
3. The CD-ROM has stopped working. You think the drive is not getting the proper voltage. What device can be used to determine the drive is getting the proper voltage?
A. Wire tester
C. Ohm meter
D. AMP meter
4. What is the name of the process which results in a printed image?
A. Laser writing
B. Micro printing
C. Electro photographic
D. High performance photographic
5. Which interrupt is reserved for the system timer?
6. What is the first program to run during the boot up process?
7. Which bus slots an ISA card would work in. What will your reply be?
A. In a PCI slot
B. In an ISA or EISA slot
C. In a MCA slot
D. In an AGP slot
8. Which motherboard type allows you to turn off the computer via software?
9. When replacing a power supply what must you observe?
10. LCD Computer screens can be easily cleaned by using which of the following methods?
A. Using a soft cloth with sprayed windows cleaner and then used to gently wipe the screen.
B. Using a little water sprayed on a soft cloth and then used to gently wipe the screen.
C. Using a special anti-static vacuum being careful not to touch the screen directly.
D. Using a blast of compressed air and avoid touching the screen directly.
11. A customer has a motherboard with a Slot A socket. What processor can the customer use?
A. An AMD K7
B. An Intel MMX
C. An AMD Athlon
D. An Intel Pentium Coppermine
12. Which memory address range is reserved for VGA video card?
13. You have just installed a new internal PCI modem in your desktop. It will not dial out. What is the problem?
A. The port speed is set too high.
B. The modem has not been set up in control panel properties
C. The phone line is plugged in to the line-in port on the modem card.
D. The phone line out of the wall is plugged into the phone port on the modem card.
14. Which statement is true concerning the installation of USB mouse?
A. You can plug it in while the computer is running.
B. You must first set up a specific IRQ for the device.
C. You must first set a DMA channel for the new device.
D. You must shut the computer down, plug in the mouse, and restart.
15. What are benefits of cleaning the inside of the computer?
A. Increase connectivity speed.
B. Provide better system cooling
C. Increase CPU processing speed.
D. Increase the value of your computer.
16. A bent pin on a three row DB-15 male connector plug could cause problems with which device or component?
B. Joy sticks
C. Laser-Jet Printer
D. External Modem
17. Which device would you plug into an AGP slot?
A. Hard drive
B. Serial port
C. Video card
D. External storage device
18. What is the I/O address of the secondary controller?
19. Which Printer interface Operates at either 400 or 800 Mbps?
20. You install a new CD-RW in the CEO's PC. The PC has an existing Hard drive and CD-ROM that both on the primary channel. The new CD-RW is not recognized. Which is the BEST course of action?
A. Assume the CD-RW is faulty.
B. Reconfigure the CD-RW as primary master.
C. Check for an IRQ conflict.
D. Check is the secondary channel is set for auto detect.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc