A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following should be placed between a heatsink and a processor setting them in place?
A. Thermal grease.
B. Rubber cement.
C. Plastic plate.
D. Ceramic plate.
2. Which interrupt is reserved for the system timer?
3. What is your first action when windows report that your hard drive is developing bad sectors?
A. Run the defrag utility on the hard Drive.
B. Run Scan Disk with the thorough option.
C. Run SECCLEAN from DOS
D. Replace the hard drive.
4. You have just installed a new internal PCI modem in your desktop. It will not dial out. What is the problem?
A. The phone line is plugged in to the line-in port on the modem card.
B. The port speed is set too high.
C. The phone line out of the wall is plugged into the phone port on the modem card.
D. The modem has not been set up in control panel properties
5. An ATX motherboard usually has:
A. An AT keyboard connector.
B. Two IEEE 1394 Ports.
C. An Integrated PS/2 mouse connector.
D. Two IEEE 1284 Ports.
6. A client wants to upgrade the storage in a computer. The original drive is working, just the owner needs additional free space. The technician installs a new 40GB ATA Hard drive in the system. It can be heard spinning up, but the drive is NOT recognized by the system's BIOS. If the hard drive is not faulty what caused the problem?
A. Incompatible Operating System
B. Drive capacity too large for BIOS
C. Incorrect termination
D. None of above
7. When upgrading components in a computer with a 200 Watt Power supply, what consideration should be made for the power requirements of the additional system components?
A. Determine the power needed for the additional components and upgrade the processor if necessary.
B. Determine the power needed for the devices and replace the system cooling fans with larger fans in needed.
C. Determine the Power needed for the devices and replace the battery backup.
D. Determine the power needed for the devices and upgrade to power supply in necessary.
8. Which of the following are supported by TCP/IP?
D. None of above
9. A bent pin on a three row DB-15 male connector plug could cause problems with which device or component?
B. Joy sticks
C. Laser-Jet Printer
D. External Modem
10. What is the default IRQ for COM1?
11. Upgrading to a new AGP video card from a PCI video card has which of the following benefits?
A. Increases the video performance
B. AGP type video cards have a newer design over the PC vide cards
C. Reduces heat inside the system unit
D. Frees up a USB slot
12. What is the most probable cause of a sound card and a printer working intermittently?
A. Conflicting IRQs.
B. A changed printer cable.
C. The wrong APM setting.
D. An improperly seated card.
13. A customer has a motherboard with a Slot A socket. What processor can the customer use?
A. An AMD K7
B. An Intel MMX
C. An AMD Athlon
D. An Intel Pentium Coppermine
14. WRAM is used on a?
B. Video card.
D. ATA controller.
15. What IRQ does the real time clock use?
16. What do you need to do when replacing the motherboard in a portable computer?
A. Match the manufacturer and the model number exactly.
B. Ensure that the board is AT or ATX.
C. Any motherboard will act as long as it is specified for a laptop.
D. Ensure that the board is from that manufacturer and that the boards are interchangeable.
17. Which interrupt does the real-time clock use?
18. The monitor is displaying mostly in green and not in normal colors. If monitor is not defective, which of the following would cause this?
A. The refresh rate is too fast.
B. A pin on the connector is bent.
C. The drivers are installed incorrectly.
D. The resolution is set too high
19. A workstation has just been installed on the Ethernet LAN but cannot communicate with the network. What should you do first?
A. Verify the link status on the computer's network card.
B. Reinstall the network interface card driver.
C. Verify the IP configuration on the workstation.
D. Reinstall the network protocols.
20. RJ-45 connectors are used in which of the following topologies?
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc