A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Galvanized metals have been covered with a thin sheet of
2. The pitch of 3-start thread is the lead divided by
3. When threading a blind hole, the third (finisher) tap is used
A. to thread the hole with full threads upto the bottom
B. to start the threads
C. after the first (rougher) tap
D. to form the threads easily
4. What is the hardening temperature for H.S.S. tool ?
5. Identify which non metal will conduct electricity
6. Helix angle is found on
A. feed rod of lathe
B. threading tool
C. threaded workpiece
D. taper turning attachment
7. While measuring with vernier bevel protractor, which part is used normally as reference surface?
8. Which of these metals is liquid at room temperature?
9. A screw thread is designated as 1" B.S.P. thread, in 1 inch B.S.P. thread what 1" indicates?
A. Major diameter of thread
B. Minor diameter of thread
C. Pitch diameter of thread
D. Hole diameter of pipe
10. Leveling bolts are used for
A. Supporting the load for machine
B. Adjusting the height of machine
C. Rigidity of machine
D. None of the above
11. Oil grooves are to be cut in brass half bearings. Which one of the following chisels in suitable?
A. Flat chisel
B. Cross chisel
C. Half round nose chisel
D. Web chisel
12. Power feed is not possible in compound slide method of taper turning. Which one of the following defects can be noticeable on the tapered workpiece due to the above reason ?
B. Poor surface finish
C. Taper angle more than set
D. Taper angle less than set
13. While machining cast iron, the coolant used should be
A. Dry air
C. Machine oil
D. Soft water
14. There are two types of milling processes based on the direction of cutter rotation and work feed direction in up cut milling?
A. The work is fed in the same direction as the rotation of the cutter
B. Chip removal starts at the thickness part
C. Machine with backlash eliminator is essential
D. The work is fed against direction of the cutter rotation
15. Which one of the following is the function of tuyeres in the forge ?
A. Permits cooled air
B. Controls smoke and sparks
C. Acts as an outlet of products of combustion
D. No function
16. Drilling machine was primarily designed to originate a _____
A. flat surface
B. cylindrical surface
C. taper surface
D. none of these
17. Hole, which is not made through full depth of the component is known as
A. core hole
B. blind hole
D. bore hole
18. Who organizes the activities falling under NCVT examination?
A. Government of India
B. Government of State
C. Directorate of Technical Education
D. Registrar of University
19. The shape of the frame of thread snap gauge is in theform of
20. Which one of the following operations is NOT done on a workpiece held inbetween centres ?
B. Undercutting by plunging
C. Thread cutting
D. Parting off
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc