A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Main product of puddling furnace is :
A. Cast iron
B. Wrought iron
C. Cold rolled steel
D. Hot rolled steel
2. Which among the following tools is used for flattening the metal around punched hole ?
A. Ball pane hammer
B. Riveting hammer
C. Setting hammer
D. Sledge hammer
3. What is the minimum age for admission in ITI?
A. 14 years
B. 16 years
C. 18 years
D. 20 years
4. Centre to centre distance between two adjacent rivets in the same row measured parallel to the seam or edge of the plate is called :
5. Which one of the following processes is adopted to improve the internal structure of steel, which has been subjected to severe hammering ?
6. After heating upto required hardening temperature, why must tool steels be quenched ?
A. To induce internal stresses
B. To build up hardening structure
C. To fall off the scale
D. To return it to its original structure
7. The shape of the thread in the 'Not Go' end of a thread snap gauge is
8. Which among the following statements is suitable to get better finish by turning ?
A. Increase the speed and feed
B. Reduce the speed and feed
C. Increase the speed and reduce the feed
D. Increase the feed and reduce the speed
9. What is used to bend the sheet metal by 180 degrees?
A. Carpenter’s Hammer
C. Ball peen Hammer
D. Sledge Hammer
10. In a riveted joint the minimum distance from a rivet hole center to the nearest edge of the plate is called :
A. Back pitch
11. Which one of the following elements, influences most of the forgeability of steel ?
12. Process of producing a component with tough and ductile core and a hard outer surface is known as
B. Case hardening
13. It is required to finish grind a 050 mm mild steel shaft on a cylindrical grinding machine. What will be the surface speed if r.p.m. of the job is 191 ?
A. 20 metres/min.
B. 25 metres/min.
C. 30 metres/min.
D. 35 metres/min.
14. Which one of the following frictions occurs in an un-lubricated journal bearing ?
A. Sliding friction
B. Rolling friction
C. Fluid friction
D. Dry friction
15. Which one of the following materials is used for making a grinding wheel ?
A. Silicon carbide
D. Calcium carbonate
16. The spot welding machine works by a combination of
A. Sheet metal and electrodes
B. Heat and spark
C. Pressure and temperature
D. Heat, pressure, and time
17. What coolant is used for drilling the aluminium job?
A. Dry air
C. Soluble oil
D. Mineral oil
18. Which of the following method is not used for holding tool?
A. by a sleeve
B. by chucks
C. by a socket
D. None of these
19. Point angle of center punch is
20. Which one of the following is the solid carburizing material ?
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc