A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following regions did not form the part of Ashoka's empire?
2. The valleys of Indus, Ganga and Jamuna were brought together for the first time under one political authority by :
A. Chandragupta Maurya
C. Chandragupta II
D. Prithvi Raj Chauhan
3. Alexander died at :
4. During the time of Harshavardhana, a great Buddhist assembly was held at :
5. Who among the following usurped the throe of Magadha in 322 B.C.?
C. Chandragupta Maurya
6. Which of the statements is false?
A. Diwan-I-Khairat - created by litutmish
B. Diwan-Khairat - created by Firoz Shah Tughlaq
C. Diwan-i-Kohi - created by Muhammad-bin-Tughluq
D. Diwan-Ariz - created by Balban
7. The Aryans at first settled in:
8. Who among the following is credited with the invention of Algebra?
9. A lady is pregnant and is a known case of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and is receiving sodium val-proate. Which of the following drugs is best suited after valproate for management of this patient
10. Which one of the following monuments has a dome which is said to be one of the largest in the world?
A. Jama Masjid, Delhi
B. Gol Gumbaz, Bijapur
C. Tomb of Sher Shah, Sasaram
D. Tomb of Ghiyas-ud-din Tughlaq, Delhi
11. The Rigveda consists of ____ hymns
12. In Ashoka's administration, Rajukas looked after :
A. Municipal administration
B. Religious matters
C. Administration of justice
D. Collection of taxes
13. Which one of the following ports handled the north Indian trade during the Gupta period?
14. Which of the following is not true or Buddha ?
A. He declared that everything in the world was temporary
B. He glorified the concept of self-mortification
C. He did not concern himself was the problem of god or the soul
D. According to him desire was the cause of all misery
15. The name of the poet Kalidasa is mentioned in the :
A. Allahabad pillar inscription
B. Aihole inscription
C. Alapadu grant
D. Hanumakonda inscription
16. Regarding the condition of women during the Gupta period, it cannot be said that
A. Women were permitted to learn dancing and music
B. Widow re-marriages were accepted
C. Women were selectively permitted to study the Vedas
D. Early marriage of girls was in vogue
17. Ashokan pillars were brought from Ambala to Delhi by :
A. Feroz Shah Tughlaq
B. Muhammad-bin Tughlaq
C. Qutub-ud-din Aibak
D. La-ud-din Khalji
18. The battle of Walhind in 1008-09 was fought between :
A. Muhammad Ghori and Prithviraj
B. Mahmud of Ghazni and Jayapala
C. Mahmud of Ghazni and Anandapala
D. Muhammad Ghori and Jaichandra
19. The Arab conquest of Sind took place in :
A. 712 A.D.
B. 740 A.D.
C. 1001 A.D.
D. 1009 A.D.
20. Which one of the following was the main characteristic of the later Vedic age?
A. Varna system
B. Tribal polity
C. Caste system
D. Food gathering practice
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc