A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Regarding the condition of women during the Gupta period, it cannot be said that
A. early marriage of girls was in vogue
B. women were selectively permitted to study the Vedas
C. women were permitted to learn dancing and music
D. widow re-marriages were accepted
2. A middle aged hypertensive male develops sudden onset unconsciousness, with nuchal rigidity. Rest of the neurological examination is within normal limits.
B. Intra-parenchymal bleed
C. Extra-dural hemorrhage
D. Sub dural haemorrhage
3. Mark the correct sequence of places with regard to Buddha :
A. Sarnath, Kushinagar, Bodh Gaya, Kapilavastu
B. Bodh Gaya, Kapilavastu, Sarnath, Kushinagar
C. Kapilavastu, Sarnath, Bodh Gaya, Kushinagar
D. Kapilavastu, Bodh Gaya, Sarnath, Kushinagar
4. Which can differentiate between seizures and syncope
B. Injury due to fall
C. Urinary incontinence
D. Tongue bite
5. The expounder of yoga philosophy is :
6. During the Sangam Age which of the following dynasties was not in power?
7. The Prakrit text 'Gatha Saptasai' is attributed to the Satvahana king :
A. Gautamiputra Satkarni
C. Yajna Satkarni
D. Vasishtputra Pulumayi
8. Why was Balban so keen on increasing the prestige of his crown?
A. In order to impress his subjects
B. In order to curb any tendency to revolt
C. In order to satisfy the Khalipaha
D. In order to establish the divine rule
9. The main purpose of Fahien's visit to India was to :
A. study the administrative system of Gupta rulers
B. Study Indian art and music
C. find out an easy land route for trade with India
D. visit Buddhist monasteries and record their history and condition
10. A lady is pregnant and is a known case of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy and is receiving sodium val-proate. Which of the following drugs is best suited after valproate for management of this patient
11. The six distinct schools of Indian philosophy-Vedanta, Mimamsa, Sankhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Vaisesika became fully articulated during the :
A. Vedic age
B. Gupta age
C. Kushana Age
D. Mauryan age
12. Which of the following is not one of the animals carved on the Sarnath pillar?
D. Humped bull
13. Which one of the following rulers was known as Amitraghata, the 'destroyer of foes'?
A. Chandragupta Maurya
14. The phrase 'The Light of Asia ' is applied to :
B. Chandragupta Maurya
15. Who among the following literary figures of the Gupta Age is given the title of 'Indian Shakespeare'?
16. Rigveda is divided into 10 books. Which among the following book(s) is/are the oldest?
17. The first Muslim conquest of the Hindu Kingdoms of Deccan was effected by the forces of :
A. Muhammad Ghori
B. Alauddin Khilji
C. Qutbuddin Aibak
D. Mahmud of Ghazni
18. The destruction of the Maurya Empire was followed by a series of invasions and the first to invade India were the :
19. Upanishads, also known as the Vedantas, are __________ in number.
20. Which one of the following monuments has a dome which is said to be one of the largest in the world?
A. Gol Gumbaz, Bijapur
B. Tomb of Sher Shah, Sasaram
C. Jama Masjid, Delhi
D. Tomb of Ghiyas-ud-din Tughlaq, Delhi
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc