A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following caused the success of Magadha? 1. Magadha enjoyed an advantageous geographical position in the iron age, as most of the deposits were located there 2. The rulers of this state had very good weapons 3. The capitals of Magadha were situated at strategic positions 4. No other power at that time held the courage to attack it
A. 1, 2 and 3
B. 1 and 2
C. 2 and 4
D. 1 and 3
2. Which one of the following rulers was known as Amitraghata, the 'destroyer of foes'?
A. Chandragupta Maurya
3. The King who did not allow anybody to laugh in his court was :
A. Qutan-ud-din Aibak
C. Alauddin Khalji
4. Who among the following was a great ruler of Kalinda in ancient times?
5. The famous Indo-Greek king who embraced Buddhism was:
A. Strato I
6. Which of the following rulers was adorned with the title of 'Maharajadhiraja' (King of Kings)?
A. Chandragupta Maurya
C. Chandragupta I
7. Which of the following statements is not correct?
A. The Rigvedic people worshipped nature
B. The Rigvedic Aryans were by and large urban people
C. The Rigvedic family comprised parents and other kith and kin apart from husband and wife
D. The Rigvedic women were highly respected and that most of the religious ceremonies were considered incomplete unless wives joined their husbands
8. Which of the following was the major source of royal income in medieval north India?
9. Regarding the condition of women during the Gupta period, it cannot be said that
A. early marriage of girls was in vogue
B. women were selectively permitted to study the Vedas
C. women were permitted to learn dancing and music
D. widow re-marriages were accepted
10. 48 year old women with history of seizures has presented with gross haematuria and left lank pain. Abdominal CT scan reveals-left perinephric hematoma with 3cm angiomyolipoma along with multiple right renal angiomyolipomas measuring from 1.5-6.5 cm. The most likely diagnosis is :
A. Tuberous sclerosis
B. Von Hippel Landau syndrome
C. Familial angiolipomatosis
11. Mrichchhakatika', an ancient Indian book written by Shudraka, deals with :
A. the love affair of a rich merchant with the daughter of a courtesan
B. the victory of Chandragupta II over the Shaka Kshatrapas of western India
C. The military expeditions and exploits of Samudragupta
D. the love affair between a Gupta King and a princess of Kamarupa
12. Consider the following statements : 1. Jainism in ancient India condemned the varna system. 2. Jain religious literature was written in Ardhamagadhi 3. Mahavira admitted women into the order of his followers. Which of these statements is/are correct ?
A. 1,2 and 3
B. 1 and 2
C. Only 3
D. 2 and 3
13. The Arab conquest of Sind took place in :
A. 712 A.D.
B. 740 A.D.
C. 1001 A.D.
D. 1009 A.D.
14. The historical source attributed to Megasthenese is :
B. Naturalis Historia
D. The Periplus of the Erythrean Sea
15. Chandragupta Maurya's empire extended in the north-west upto:
16. According to tradition the Sangams flourished at different places. Which of the following places were associated with the three Sangams?
A. Madura and Kapatpuram
B. Madura, Kapatpuram and kaveripattanam
C. Madura, Uraiyur and Cholamandalam
D. Puhar and Madura
17. The region of Gupta rulers is known as the 'Golden Age of India' Which of the following is true in this regard?
A. There was peace and prosperity
B. There was religious tolerance
C. There was tremendous advancement in the field of science
D. All of the above
18. In ancient India, the earliest capital of Magadha Kingdom was of:
19. Which of the following were the contemporaries of Kanishka?
A. Kamban, Nanabhatta, Asvaghosha
B. Nagarjuna, Asvaghosha, Vasumitra
C. Asvaghosha, Kalidasaa, Nagarjuna
D. Asvaghosha and Kamban
20. Which of the following Gupta rulers was equally great in the art of peace, wars and personal accomplishment ?
A. Chandragupta I
B. Chandragupta II
C. Kumaragupta I
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc