A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Washing soda is the common name for
A. Calcium Carbonate
B. Calcium Bicarbonate
C. Sodium Carbonate
D. Sodium Bicarbonate
2. Thread measurement with inserts fitted in the anvil and spindle of screw tread micrometer are selected on the basis of one the following elements of a thread being measured?
A. Major diameter
B. Minor diameter
C. Effective diameter
3. Why it is necessary to maintain an approach distance between the cutting tool and the work while working on shaping machine?
A. To cool down the cutting edge of the tool bit
B. To avoid any ridger at the end of workpiece
C. To allow the chips to fall and clear the cutting edge
D. To enable the clapper box to return to cutting
4. The pattern on the work surface caused by the movement of the cutting tool is called?
C. Surface texture
5. The lead screw pitch of a milling machine is 5mm and the dividing head ratio is 40 : 1 the lead of the milling machine is?
A. 0.125 mm
B. 5 mm
C. 8 mm
D. 200 mm
6. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?
A. London, England
B. Brisbane, Australia
C. Auckland, New Zeland
D. New York, U.S.
7. A high carbon steel has to be forged, which colour indicate the most suitable forging temperature?
A. Yellow red
B. Dark cherry red
D. Light yellow
8. Which milling machine is particularly adopted for milling internal or external profiles?
A. Tracer controlled milling machine
B. Universal milling machine
C. Planetary milling machine
D. Pantograph milling machine
9. Slip gauges are used as standards for precision length measurements, the slip gauges are available in four grades as per BIS standard, which one of the following grades is meant only for reference?
A. 0 grade
B. 1 grade
C. 00 grade
D. 11 grade
10. A point to point control system is suitable only for one of the following applications?
A. Milling profile
11. By using quick return mechanism in shaping machine the cutting stroke moves slow and return stroke fast. what is the ratio between cutting stroke and return stroke?
12. The result obtained by dividing 0.18 by 0.09 will be:
13. Thread ring gauges are used check external threads. Separate 'Go' and 'No Go' gauging members are provided. Which one of the following screw thread elements is not checked with the ring gauges?
B. Helix angle
D. Pitch diameter
14. In Field Hockey, each team has ____ players on the field at any one time.
15. Which gear arrangement used to change the circular motion of horizontal to vertical without change in speed ratio?
A. Two spur gear
B. Two helical gear
C. Two bevel gear
D. Worm and worm gear
16. The axis of the plate cam blank and the end mill spindle should always remain?
A. Opposite to each other
B. Parallel to each other
C. Vertical and inclined
D. Inclined to each other
17. A finish cut is given to improve the surface finish of a rough milled workpiece?
A. Increase cutting speed, reduce feed rate and depth of cut
B. Increase feed rate, depth of cut and cutting speed
C. Increase feed rate, depth of cut and reduce cutting speed
D. Decrease cutting speed, feed rate and depth of cut
18. The Election commission of India situated in _______?
C. New Delhi
19. It is required to machine a single start worm of 2 module (m) and 60 mm pitch diameter, the speed ration is 40:1, to what length should the worm be cut?
A. 21 mm
B. 14.6 mm
C. 29.3 mm
D. 33.3 mm
20. Oil grooves are to be cut in brass half bearings. Which one of the following chisels in suitable?
A. Flat chisel
B. Cross chisel
C. Half round nose chisel
D. Web chisel
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc