A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. The component of the surface texture upon which the roughness is superimposed is known as?
A. Surface roughness
B. Surface texture
2. The pattern on the work surface caused by the movement of the cutting tool is called?
C. Surface texture
3. Where is the Statue of Liberty located?
A. London, England
B. Brisbane, Australia
C. Auckland, New Zeland
D. New York, U.S.
4. Which one of the following equipments is used in the shop floor for the checking of the form that is being turned?
B. Snap gauge
C. Dial test indicator and slip gauges
D. Tool room microscope
5. Thread ring gauges are used check external threads. Separate 'Go' and 'No Go' gauging members are provided. Which one of the following screw thread elements is not checked with the ring gauges?
B. Helix angle
D. Pitch diameter
6. Zero setting of the two point bore dial gauge before the measurement is necessary to?
A. Account for the errors in the gauge
B. Facilitate comparison
C. Setup initial pressure in the gauge
D. Eliminate inaccuracy of the measurement
7. Which taper is used on spindle nose of the lathe head stock?
A. Jerno taper
B. Brown and sharp taper
C. Pin taper
D. Morse taper
8. After simplification of ( 3 / 4 ) + ( 2 / 5 ) - ( 7 / 20 ), we will get:
A. 19 / 40
B. 9 / 20
C. 4 / 5
D. 17 / 20
9. In Field Hockey, each team has ____ players on the field at any one time.
10. Indexing head mechanism works with?
A. Rock and gear
B. Worm and worm gear
C. Two helical gear
D. Two bevel gear
11. The result obtained by dividing 0.18 by 0.09 will be:
12. How many medals are won by India in Olympics 2012?
A. 3 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver
B. 7 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver, 1 gold
C. 6 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver
D. 8 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver, 5 gold
13. A steel workpiece of height tensile strength is to be machined with a HSS milling cutter, which one of the following rake angles is best suited for the cutter?
14. Which country has granted temporary asylum to Edward Joseph Snowden who leaked details of the US program of mass surveillance of electronic data
B. Hong Kong
15. An irregularly shaped workpiece is turned on a lathe. which one of the following work holding accessories is used?
A. Three jaw chuck
B. Two jaw chuck
C. Driving plate
D. Face plate
16. A 1.5mm displacement of tool point in boring operation will result in a change in the diameter equal to?
A. 0.75 mm
B. 1.5 mm
C. 3 mm
D. 6 mm
17. One solder is made of 45% of tin & 55% of lead, what will be the quantity of tin & lead in 28 kg of solder:
A. 12 & 16 Kg
B. 15.4 & 12.6 Kg
C. 12.6 & 15.4 Kg
D. 16 & 12 Kg
18. The axis of the plate cam blank and the end mill spindle should always remain?
A. Inclined to each other
B. Parallel to each other
C. Opposite to each other
D. Vertical and inclined
19. Counter boring is done for?
A. Deburring hole ends
B. Enlarging holes to accurate size
C. Finishing cored holes
D. Accommodating socket head screws
20. By using quick return mechanism in shaping machine the cutting stroke moves slow and return stroke fast. what is the ratio between cutting stroke and return stroke?
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc