A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. If X + 3 Y = 8 and 2 X + 5 Y = 12 , the value of X & Y will be respectively:
A. - 4, 4
B. 3.5, 1
C. 1, 2
D. 2, 2
2. Morse taper is one of the internationally accepted standard tapers. The morse taper are available in numbers from?
A. 0 to 7
B. 0 to 8
C. 1 to 7
D. 1 to 8
3. Who drafted the Declaration of American Independence?
A. George Washington
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. Thomas Jefferson
D. Jhon F Kennedy
4. How many medals are won by India in Olympics 2012?
A. 3 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver
B. 7 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver, 1 gold
C. 6 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver
D. 8 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver, 5 gold
5. It is required to finish grind a dia 50mm hardened steel shaft on a cylindrical grinding machine, if the recommended surface speed of the work is 33 metres/minute, the rpm of the work is?
6. A metallic alloy consists of 3 metals X, Y & Z and have proportionate weight ratio of 3 :4 : 5. What will be the weight of metal Y if the total weight of alloy is 300 Kg.
A. 75 Kg
B. 125 Kg
C. 75 Kg
D. None of these
7. A gear wheel has 36 teeth and 3 mm module, its pitch diameter is?
A. 12 mm
B. 75 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 108 mm
8. A finish cut is given to improve the surface finish of a rough milled workpiece?
A. Decrease cutting speed, feed rate and depth of cut
B. Increase feed rate, depth of cut and reduce cutting speed
C. Increase feed rate, depth of cut and cutting speed
D. Increase cutting speed, reduce feed rate and depth of cut
9. The axis of the plate cam blank and the end mill spindle should always remain?
A. Inclined to each other
B. Parallel to each other
C. Opposite to each other
D. Vertical and inclined
10. What is a built up edge is respect of a turning tool?
A. Job material embedded on tool edge
B. A carbide tip soldered on a tool shank
C. A method of reconditioning worn out cutting tool edge
D. A tool cutting edge with a crater on it
11. Which one of the following operations can be done on slotting machine?
A. External keyway on long shaft
B. Internal grooves
C. Woodruff keyway on a shaft
D. Keyway for feather keys
12. How do you recognize a drill for soft metal?
A. By the large helix angle
B. By the small helix angle
C. By the chisel edge angle
D. By the point angle which is 90 deg
13. A 42 teeth involute helical gear with a helix angle of 45 deg is to be cut on a milling machine?
A. 12 to 13
B. 35 to 54
C. 135 to rake
D. 17 to 20
14. The position of gear cutter on the arbor for rack milling is?
A. Nearer to the column
B. Nearer to the arbor support
C. At the middle
D. At any point on the arbor
15. In a planning machine the depth of cut is given by?
A. Adjusting tool slide
B. Rotating the feed screw of the tool holder
C. Moving cross slide
D. Lifting the work piece
16. Which famous explorer visited India in the late 13th century?
A. Vasco Da Gama
B. Marco Polo
C. Ferdinand Magellan
D. None of the above
17. A main purpose of using worm and worm wheel drives in machines and their accessories is to?
A. Transmit large torque
B. Provide large speed reduction from worm shaft to worm wheel
C. Transmit higher speeds
D. Provide large speed reduction from worm wheel to worm shaft
18. After simplification of ( 3 / 4 ) + ( 2 / 5 ) - ( 7 / 20 ), we will get:
A. 19 / 40
B. 9 / 20
C. 4 / 5
D. 17 / 20
19. A traveling steady is fixed on the saddle of a Lathe. What is the function of this steady rest?
A. To prevent bending of long shafts due to cutting forces
B. To avoid load on the lathe centres while turning long
C. To reduce the load on the cutting tool while turning
D. To enables to turn at higher cutting speeds than recommended
20. The tooth thickness of rack is measured by?
A. Universal vernier caliper
B. Gear tooth vernier caliper
C. Flange micrometer
D. Gear tester
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc