A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. In Alternative Medicine, which of the following can be used for Heart Failure?
A. Gingko Biloba
B. Neem tree extract
C. Terminalia Arjuna
D. St. John's wort
2. Fever Blister is due to
A. Primary HSV-1 Infection
B. Varicella Zoaster
C. Reactivation of HSV-1 Infection
3. Intracorpuscular Defect of Erythrocyte
A. Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
B. Hereditary Spherocytosis
C. Microangiopathic Hemolytic Anemia
4. An epileptic girl is found to have gum hypertrophy. Anti epileptic drug which she is most likely taking is:
5. In 2 patients with Atherosclerosis, one is diabetic and other is non-diabeti
A. In relation to non-diabetic, diabetic patient has 100 times increased risk of
C. Cerebrovascular Stroke
D. Lower Limb Ischemia
6. All of the following are true for Hepatitis B EXCEPT?
A. Virus can be found in blood 1 month before jaundice
B. Age of onset determines prognosis
C. Vertical transmission more important than horizontal
D. Period of Communicability lasts several months
7. In which cotrimoxazole not use in treatment?
8. All of the following can be seen in Massive Acute Blood loss EXCEPT
A. Increase in Reticulocyte count
B. Increase in PCV
C. Increase in MCV
D. Increase in Neutophils
9. A 56 year old man presents with unilateral headache, diplopia and fever. He had difficulty in chewing. MRI of brain was normal and ESR was raised. Treatment is
B. High Dose Aspirin
10. The gait of a patient with cog-wheel rigidity and pill rolling tremors is likely to be:
C. High stepping.
11. In a patient with history of muscle cramps and carpopedal spasm. Which of the following serum electrolyte level is most likely to be low:
12. A 23 year old female presenting with anemia, jaundice for 2 years. Peripheral smears showing spherocytes. The best investigation to be done is
A. Coomb's Test
B. Reticulocyte Count
C. Osmotic Fragility Test
D. Bone Marrow Aspiration
13. A boy is suffering from Acute Pyelonephritis. Most specific urinary finding
A. WBC Cast
B. Positive Nitrite Test
C. Leucocyte Esterase positive
D. Gram Staining for Bacteria
14. In a patient of thalessemia peripheral blood film for red cell morphology shows:
A. Hypochromic microcytic cells.
B. Normochromic normocytic cells.
D. Sickle cells
15. A young girl complains of nocturnal cough and shortness of breath which disturbs her sleep. A diagnosis of bronchial asthma is made. The most important investigation to confirm this diagnosis is:
A. Lung function tests.
B. Serum IgG levels
C. Chest X-ray.
D. Eosinophil count.
16. An old hypertensive man, on treatment with Aspirin, Sorbitrate, and Atenolol suddenly fell in bathroom. Relatives noted black stools. He presented in ER with hypotension, tachycardi
A. The diagnosis is
B. Gastric Ulcer bleed
C. Cerebrovascular Accident
17. All are true EXCEPT
A. Amyloid Angiopathy is associated with Small Vessel Disease
B. Alzheimer's Disease is associated with Amyloid Angiopathy
C. Alzheimer's Disease is not related to Small Vessel Disease
D. Alzheimer's Disease is related to Small Vessel Disease
18. In a patient with history of jaundice, pruritis and clay-colored stools, which of the following enzyme level is expected to be markedly elevated:
A. Aspartate aminotransferase.
B. Alkaline phosphatase.
C. Alkaline aminotransferase.
D. Lactate dehydrogenase
19. A fifteen year old boy presents with history of fever and arthritis. There is past history of similar symptoms one year back. A diagnosis rheumatic fever is made. The treatment of choice for this patient’s symptom is:
20. In a patient with centripetal obesity, acne and hirsuitism. The most likely diagnosis is:
A. Cushing’s syndrome.
B. Diabetes mellitus.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc