A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. An old patient presented in emergency ward with history of weakness of right side of body of rapid onset. The most helpful first line investigation for management of this patient is:
A. Cerebral angiography.
B. Cerebro spinal fluid examination.
C. Computerized tomography scan brain.
D. Fasting lipid profile
2. Which of the following drugs is used in the treatment of hyperkalemia in acute renal failure:
3. Which of the following is incorrectly matched
A. Neurofibromatosis - Renal Artery Stenosis
B. Moyamoya disease - Aortic Aneurysm
C. Marfan's Syndrome - Dural Ectasia
D. Muilbrey nanism - Constricitve Pericarditis
4. A young girl complains of nocturnal cough and shortness of breath which disturbs her sleep. A diagnosis of bronchial asthma is made. The most important investigation to confirm this diagnosis is:
A. Chest X-ray.
B. Eosinophil count.
C. Lung function tests.
D. Serum IgG levels
5. An old hypertensive man, on treatment with Aspirin, Sorbitrate, and Atenolol suddenly fell in bathroom. Relatives noted black stools. He presented in ER with hypotension, tachycardi
A. The diagnosis is
B. Gastric Ulcer bleed
C. Cerebrovascular Accident
6. An important physical sign of portal hypertension in a patient of cirrhosis of liver is:
C. Palmer erythema.
7. In a patient with history of shortness of breath, which of the following sign indicates left heart failure:
B. Basal crepitations.
C. Dependant edema.
D. Engorged neck veins
8. Post-transplantation lymphoma is due to
9. A thirty five year old man presents with history of low grade fever and cough for last three months. Examination of respiratory system is normal. A diagnosis of tuberculosis is made. Which of the following feature on chest X-ray suggests this diagnosis:
B. Con solidation.
C. Hilar congestion.
D. Prominent bronchovascular marking
10. Fever Blister is due to
A. Primary HSV-1 Infection
B. Varicella Zoaster
C. Reactivation of HSV-1 Infection
11. A male come with anemia, weakness in hand and constipation since 2 years. He has abdominal pain. Most probable diagnosis
A. Lead toxicity
B. Gastric ca
C. chronic pancreatitis
12. A thirty five year old man presents in a clinic with history of chronic productive cough that is worse in the morning and brought on by changes in posture. Sputum is copious and yellow. The most likely diagnosis in this patient is:
A. Bronchial asthma.
C. Bronchogenic carcinoma.
D. Pulmonary tuberculosis
13. Intracorpuscular Defect of Erythrocyte
A. Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
B. Hereditary Spherocytosis
C. Microangiopathic Hemolytic Anemia
14. A girl presented with severe hyperkalemia and peaked T waves on ECG. Most rapid way to decreased serum potassium level?
A. Calcium gluconate IV
B. Oral resins
C. Insulin + glucose
D. Sodium bicarbonate
15. In Pneumonia Severity Scale, most important factor is
B. Congestive Heart Failure
16. A young girl comes in the cardiology ward with history of breathlessness and palpitations for last one year. After auscultation of precordium cardiology registrar makes diagnosis of mitral stenosis. The most important sign on which this diagnosis is based is:
A. Ejection systolic murmur.
B. Mid diastolic murmur.
C. Mid systolic click.
D. Pan systolic murmur
17. A lady with cold intolerance and hoarseness of voice was detected with cardiomegaly. Investigation to be done to know the cause is
A. Coronary Angiography
B. Left Ventricle Angiography
C. Right Ventricle Angiography
18. In a patient with history of haematemesis, the clinical feature which suggests that peptic ulcer is the underlying cause is:
C. History of jaundice.
D. Tender epigastrium
19. An old lady presents with history of fever and left sided chest pain for one month. Examination of respiratory system shows decreased chest movements, stony dull percussion note and absent breath sounds on left side. Her chest X-ray is likely to reveal:
D. Pleural effusion
20. A fifteen year old boy who is diabetic presents with pain abdomen, vomiting and shortness of breath. There is history of fever and sore throat two days back. The most likely cause of his symptoms is:
A. Diabetic ketoacidosis.
D. Renal failure
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc