A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Organisms can synthesize ATP by oxidative phosphorylation when they
B. oxidize glucose to pyruvate
C. pass electrons from the oxidation of chlorophyll through an electron transport system
D. pass electrons to oxygen through an electron transport system containing cytochromes
2. Non bacterial ropiness or sliminess in milk and milk products may be due to the
A. stringiness caused by mastitis and in particular by fibrin and leucocytes from the cow's blood.
B. sliminess resulting from the thickness of the cream
C. stringiness due to thin films of casein or lactalbumin during cooling
D. all of the above
3. Which of the following conditions can be caused by Plesiomonas?
D. All of these
4. Enzyme catalase has non-protein metal as
5. The causative agent of Buruli ulcer is
A. M chelonei
B. M marinum
C. M fortuitum
D. M ulcerarts
6. The ability of a competitive inhibitor to bind to an active site in an allosterically controlled enzyme is __________ than the ability of a non-competitive inhibitor to bind to an active site in the same allosterically controlled enzyme.
C. approximately equal
7. Generation time of Escherichia coli is
A. 20 minutes
B. 20 hours
C. 20 days
D. 200 hours
8. Nutrient content and biological structures are considered as
A. implicit factor for microbial growth
B. intrinsic factor for microbial growth
C. processing factor
D. none of the above
9. The chromosome of almost all bacteria is in the shape of
A. an open circle
C. a closed circle
D. a linear chromosome
10. A patient presents with signs of pneumoni
A. The bacterium obtained from sputum was a gram positive cocci which showed alpha hemolysis on sheep agar. Which of the following test will help to confirm the diagnosis?
B. Optochin sensitivity
C. Bacitracin sensitivity
D. Coagulase test
11. The disease(s) caused by genus Orthopoxvirus is/are
D. All of these
12. Who was the inventor of the Petri dish?
A. R.J. Petri, an assistant of R. Koch
B. A famous French cook
C. Italian glass blower from Petri, Italy
D. None of the above
13. Precipitation reaction is relatively less sensitive for the detection of
B. antigen-antibody complexes
14. Catalase production is negative in which of the following?
15. Which of the following gram-positive bacteria causes pharyngitis (sore throat)?
16. Which of the following is used for the proper maintenance and preservation of pure cultures?
A. Periodic transfer to fresh media
B. Preservation by overlaying cultures with mineral oil
C. Preservation by lyophilization
D. All of the above
17. The ability of Vibrio fischeri to convert chemical energy directly into radiant energy in bioluminescence is an example of __________ at work.
A. Shelford's law of tolerance
B. Leibig's law of the minimum
C. the first law of thermodynamics
D. the third law of thermodynamics
18. All membranes of free-living organisms have phospholipid bilayers, but exception is
19. Antibodies to which of the following antigens of Bacillus anthracis are protective?
A. Capsular polypeptide
B. Somatic polysaccharide
C. Anthrax toxin
D. None of these
20. How many molecules of carbon dioxide will be given off during ten turns of the Krebs cycle?
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc