A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Cystic fibrosis is inherited as an autosomal recessive condition. A normal couple has one daughter affected with the disease. They are now planning to have another child. What is the cause of her sibling being affected by the disease?
2. Vascular phenomenon in acute inflammation helps in :
A. Bringing the defensive cells like neutrophils from interior of the vessels to the site of irritation
B. Miimizing the effect of irritant by diluting it considerably
C. Limiting the inflammatory reaction to the smallest possible area
D. All of these
3. From inside to the outside, the layers of the arterial wall compose of:
A. endothelium, muscularis mucosa, external elastic lamina, adventitia
B. tunica interna, tunica media, internal elastic lamina, adventitia
C. endothelium, internal elastic lamina, muscle layer, external elastic lamina, adventitia
D. endothelium, muscle layer, internal elastic lamina, adventitia, external elastic lamina
4. Treatment of a patient with idiopathic thrombocytopoenic purpura (ITP) utilises:
A. aminocaproic aci
D. fresh frozen plasma
5. Sero-fibrinous inflammation of the pericardium is most likely to be :
A. Acute idiopathic pericarditis
B. Pneumococcal pericarditis
C. Rheumatic pericarditis
D. Tuberculous pericarditis
6. Example of granuloma :
B. Dermal leishmanoid
C. Oriental sore
D. All of these
7. With Salmonella infection:
A. Salmonella typhi infection commonly by uncooked chicken
B. related to bubonic plague
C. typhoid fever is self limiting, short lived illness
D. carrier state for Salmonella typhi exists
8. Regarding the cellular mechanisms of vascular leakage, which of the following is INCORRECT
A. the ‘immediate transient response’ only occurs in venules of 20-60 µm diameter.
B. sunburn can cause a delayed and prolonged vascular leakage.
C. the endothelial injury caused by leukocytes is due to free radical-induced damage.
D. the cytoskeletal and junctional retraction mechanism is mediated by the complement system
9. The pathogenesis of cirrhosis involves all of the following EXCEPT:
A. demolition of collagen in the space of Disse
B. chronic inflammation
C. conversion of Kupffer cells into fibroblast-like cells
D. loss of fenestrations in sinusoidal capillaries
10. Which of the following is not an example of a syndrome caused by uniparental disomy?
A. Prader-Willi syndrome
B. Angelman syndrome
C. Russell-Silver syndrome
D. Bloom syndrome
11. Clinical features of malaria may include each of the following EXCEPT
A. cerebral haemorrhages.
12. In reversible stage of shock, the normal physiological compensatory mechanism comes into play as a response to :
C. Cerebral stimulation
D. Hypothalamic stimulation
13. The condition most unlikely to cause hypertension is :
B. Primary aldosteronism
C. Cushing's syndrome
14. What is the most important role of Bradykinin in acute inflammation?
A. Increase in vascular permeability
C. Mediation of pain
15. Free radicals
A. are not a byproduct of metabolism.
B. can only form in the presence of oxygen.
C. may arise by absorption of radiant energy.
D. are removed with the aid of Vitamin A derivatives
16. Vitamin C deficiency results in
A. a decreased number of collagen fibres.
B. an increased elastin:collagen ratio.
C. formation of defective collagen fibres.
D. detachment of ribosomes in fibroblasts
17. Exudation is a result of damage to :
A. Arteriolar endothelium
B. Capillary enclothelium
C. Cell wall of interstitial cells
D. Nerve endings
18. The most convenient site for biopsy to confirm secondary amyloidosis is :
19. Most useful investigation in biliary cirrhosis :
C. Serum alkaline phosphatase
D. Serum acid phosphatase
20. ARDS is due to a defect in
A. Type 1 pneumocytes
B. Type 2 pneumocytes
C. Clara cells
D. Endothelial cells
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc