A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Increase in number of cells is termed :
A. A Hypertrophy
2. Bradykinin in acute inflammation causes
B. Decreased vascular permeability
D. Pain at the sign of inflammation
3. Which is not seen with apoptosis
A. Cell shrinkage
B. Nuclear condensation
D. All of the above
4. Histamine exerts its effect during inflammation by
A. Acting on H2 receptors on mast cells.
B. Constriction of large arteries.
C. Vasoconstriction of post capillary sphincters.
D. causing venular endothelial contraction
5. The characteristic feature of polyarteritis nodosa, is :
A. Hypertrophy of vessel wall
B. Purulent inflammation of the vessel wall
C. Leucocytic infiltration of the vessel wall
D. Necrotising inflammation of the vessel wall
6. Reed-Sternberg cells are present in :
B. Hodgkin's disease
D. Rheumetic carditis
7. Congo-red with amyloid produces :
A. Dark brown colour
B. Blue colour
C. Brilliant pink colour
D. Red colour
8. All of the following condition are associated with granulomatous pathology, except:
A. Takayasu Arteritis (TA)
B. Giant cell arteritis (GCA)
C. Wegner's granulomatosis (WG)
D. Polyarteritis Nodosa (Classic PAN)
9. In diabetes mellitus the cells of the distal portion of proximal convoluted tubules contain :
10. The term 'necrosis' means :
A. Irreversible degeneration of the cells
B. Gross diminution in Cell size
C. Disintegration of the cells
D. Death of the cells
11. Which of the following regarding cellular events in acute inflammation is not correct?
A. ICAM-1/VCAM-1 is responsible for neutrophil adhesion
B. Neutrophil margination is assisted by selectins
C. Components of complement can assist in chemotaxis
D. PECAM/CD31 is responsible for neutrophil activation
12. Among the following, transitional cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder most often is associated with:
A. Local extension to surrounding tissues
B. Metastases to the kidneys.
C. Metastases to bone.
D. Metastases to the lungs.
13. With regard to eicosanoids
A. Permeability increase caused by LTD4 restricted to venules.
B. Main action of LTB4 is to increase permeability.
C. PGE2 causes intense vasoconstriction.
D. LTC4, LTD4, LTE4, are important vasodilators
14. Due to popularity of refrigeration reducing the need to preserve food, which cancerís incidence has dramatically declined:
15. Life span of a normal erythrocyte is :
A. One week
B. One month
C. Four months
D. One year
16. Cells normally found in an atheromatous plaque include all the following, except
A. Smooth muscle cells.
B. Foam cells.
17. Leukocyte adhesion with transmigration involves all of the following EXCEPT
A. Migration of leukocytes as a result of stasis of blood flow in the microvasculature.
B. Interaction of integrins with immunoglobulin found on endothelial cells.
C. The selectins found only on endothelial cells.
D. ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 adhesive molecules on the endothelial cells
18. In which of the following situations is a thrombus likely to contain the least admixed blood clot
B. Saccular aneurysms
D. rheumatic vegetations
19. The most important cause of oedema in nephrotic syndrome is :
A. Increased hydrostatic pressure of blood
B. Increased capillary permeability
C. Lymphatic obstruction
20. The term anatoxin is synonymous with :
D. Viral toxin
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc