A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Characteristic of primary syphilis :
A. Hunterian chancre
B. Incubation period 1-10 days
C. Positive Wassermann reaction
D. Exudate contains chiefly polymorphs
2. Pernicious anaemia is :
A. Microcytic hypochromic
B. Microcytic normochromic
C. Macrocytic hypochromic
D. Macrocytic normochromic
3. All of the following are cytokines EXCEPT
A. interleukin 1 (IL-1)
B. tumour necrosis factor (TNF)
C. granulocyte-colony stimulating factor
4. Which of the following regarding cellular events in acute inflammation is not correct?
A. PECAM/CD31 is responsible for neutrophil activation
B. Components of complement can assist in chemotaxis
C. Neutrophil margination is assisted by selectins
D. ICAM-1/VCAM-1 is responsible for neutrophil adhesion
5. Vitamin C deficiency results in
A. a decreased number of collagen fibres.
B. an increased elastin:collagen ratio.
C. formation of defective collagen fibres.
D. detachment of ribosomes in fibroblasts
6. In Lewis Triple Response, redness when skin is scratched with a pointed object is seen due to
A. Axon Reflex causing Vasoconstriction
B. Histamine Release due to local injury to mast cells by pointing device-
C. Free Nerve Endings
D. Endothelial Damage leading to increase in permeability
7. The kidney is swollen, the parenchyma bulges out through the cut portion of the capsule. It is pale in appearance due to compression of blood vessels by the swollen cells. The
A. Cloudy swelling
B. Hydropic degeneration
C. Hyaline degeneration
D. Fatty degeneration
8. Which of the following is NOT a complication of long term diabetes mellitus?
A. accelerated arteriosclerosis.
B. diffuse glomerulosclerosis.
C. increased synthesis of type IV collagen.
D. increased myoinositol in nerves
9. The Pulmonary alveoli are stuffed with blood. Their outlines are not visible as the alveolar walls are necrosed. Thrombosis of blood vessels is considerable. The findings are
B. Myocardial ischaemia
C. Pulmonary infarction
D. Haemorrhagic pneumonia
10. Cells normally found in an atheromatous plaque include all the following, except
A. smooth muscle cells.
B. foam cells.
11. In the process of thrombosis, the first occurence is :
A. Agglutination of platelets
B. Fusion of platelets
C. Deposition of platelets
D. Diffusion of thromboplastin
12. The most likely interval between infection and appearance of secondary lesions in syphilis is :
A. 2-3 hours
B. 2-3 days
C. 2-3 weeks
D. 2-3 months
13. Ihe commonest site of syphilitic aneurysm is :
B. Median artery
C. Facial artery
D. Pulmonary artery
14. Exudation is a result of damage to :
A. Arteriolar endothelium
B. Capillary enclothelium
C. Cell wall of interstitial cells
D. Nerve endings
15. Which of the following have most friable vegetation?
A. Infective endocarditis
B. Libman Sack's endocarditis
C. Rheumatic heart disease
16. The intestinal villi are swollen and distended. There is accumulation of large granular macrophages, containing material which stains strongly withperiodic acid schiff, in the lamina
A. Secondary steatorrhoea
C. Coeliac disease
D. Whipple's disease
17. The term anatoxin is synonymous with :
D. Viral toxin
18. Nephroblastoma is most likely to occur at the age of :
A. 2 years
B. 12 years
C. 20 years
D. 50 years
19. PNH is associated with deficiency of:
A. DAF (Decay accelerating factor)
B. MIRL (Membrane inhibitor of reactive lysis)
C. GPI Anchored Protein (Glycosyl phosphatidyl inosital anchored proteins)
D. LFA (Lymphocyte function associated antigen)
20. Clinical features of malaria may include each of the following EXCEPT
A. cerebral haemorrhages.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc