A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Correct the statements concerning ketorolac include all of the following EXCEPT:
A. It inhibits COX
B. It is as effective as morphine for a short-term relief from moderate to severe pain
C. It has a high potential for physical dependence and abuse
D. It does not produce respiratory depression
2. Indicate selective catechol-O-methyltransferase inhibitor, which prolongs the action of levodopa by diminishing its peripheral metabolism:
3. Tick the drug for nematodosis (roundworm invasion) treatment:
4. Which of the following agonists can cause hyperglycemia in diabetics?
5. All of the following effects are disadvantages of anticancer drugs, EXCEPT:
A. Low selectivity to cancer cells
B. Depression of bone marrow
C. Depression of angiogenesis
D. Depression of immune system
6. Which of the following drugs is both a muscarinic and nicotinic blocker?
7. This drug is a Class IC antiarrhythmic drug:
8. Dysphoric effects of opioid receptors are mediated by
9. Which of the following agonists can have dose-related withdrawal syndrome if the drug is withdrawn too quickly, leading to rebound hypertension?
10. If the pH - pKa = -1, what percentage of weak base is nonionized?
11. The effect of the drug on parasympathetic function declines rapidly in all organs EXCEPT:
C. Smooth muscle organs
12. Preganglionic sympathetic and parasympathetic fibers release ____, postganglionic parasympathetic fibers release ____ (for muscarinic cholinergic receptors), and postganglionic sympathetic fibers release ____ (for adrenergic receptors).
A. ACh; ACh; NE
B. ACh; NE; ACh
C. NE; ACh; NE
D. NE; NE; Ach
13. This drug is a directly acting vasodilator:
14. Indicate an alfa receptor antagonist, which is an efficacious drug in the treatment of mild to moderate systemic hypertension:
15. Tick the antibacterial drug Ė a quinolone derivative:
B. Nalidixic acid
16. All of the following drugs used for iron deficiency anemia EXCEPT:
A. Ferrous sulfate
B. Folic acid
C. Ferrous gluconate
D. Ferrous fumarate
17. Tick the drug belonging to antibiotics-monobactams:
18. Half-life of interferon alpha is:
A. 18-24 hours
B. 4-16 hours
C. 25-35 minutes
D. 21 days
19. The purpose of collecting baseline patient data is
A. to adhere to legal requirements.
B. to legally protect the nurse.
C. so it can be compared to the patientís condition after the medication is administered to determine the patientís reaction to the medication.
D. to determine the patientís condition before administering the medication
20. Which one of the following local anesthetics is an ester of benzoic acid?
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc