A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following is the most sensitive test of pancreatic B-cell insulin secretory reserve?
A. Oral glucose tolerance test
B. Fasting plasma glucose
C. Urine glucose excretion
D. Random blood glucose
2. The doll's eye reflex is integrated in the
A. cerebral cortex
B. medial longitudinal fasciculus
3. Bile acids are synthesized starting from:
B. fatty acids
D. bile salts
4. Which of the following reflexes is always absent in individuals who are totally blind?
A. Vestibulo-ocular reflex
C. Visual accommodation
D. Light reflex
5. Maximum water reabsorption in the gastrointestinal tract occurs in:
6. Emotional responses often outlast the duration of the stimulus because:
A. limbic cortex is made up of three layers
B. neocortex cannot modify emotional behavior
C. limbic circuits have prolonged afterdischarge
D. None of these
7. Which of the following hormone peaks during the mid-luteal phase?
A. Inhibin B
8. Congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasia occurs due to a lack of:
A. CYP450 scc (desmolase)
B. 3ß-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase
C. 17a hydroxylase
D. steroidogenic acute regulatory protein
9. Denervation hypersensitivity:
A. is due to upregulation of neurotransmitter receptors in the denervated structure
B. does not occur in smooth muscle
C. partly explains the release phenomenon that occurs in neurological diseases
D. All these
10. Which of the following is an endopeptidase?
A. Carboxypeptidase A
11. If the pH of a urine sample is 5.4, and the pH of arterial plasma is 7.4, the ratio of concentration of hydrogen ions in the urine sample and plasma is approximately:
12. The force of muscle contraction cannot be increased by:
A. increasing the frequency of activation of motor units
B. increasing the number of motor units activated
C. recruiting larger motor units
D. increasing the amplitude of action potentials in motor neurons
13. Which of the following has an inhibitory influence on erythropoiesis?
B. Growth hormone
14. Which of the following organelles is a major site of steroidogenesis?
C. Smooth endoplasmic reticulum
D. Rough endoplasmic reticulum
15. The mitotic spindle is made up of a protein called:
16. Heat energy produced from muscle contraction is released through the ________ system.
17. In postnatal life, thyroid hormones do notincrease oxygen consumption in the:
B. skeletal muscle
C. adult brain
18. Which of the following toxins inhibits the release of acetylcholine from alpha-motor neurons?
A. Botulinum toxin
B. Cholera toxin
D. Tetanus toxin
19. Select all correct answers. TSH secretion is inhibited by:
D. All these
20. The activity of which contractile protein is altered to regulate smooth muscle contraction?
Global Book Shop
23-B Model Town, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc