A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. During muscle contraction, all of the following occur, except
A. ATP is hydrolyzed.
B. Myosin heads bind to actin.
C. The H band becomes shorter.
D. Hemoglobin concentration in muscle fibers increases.
2. Impulses from Golgi tendon organ pass to inhibitory interneurons in the spinal cord via:
A. I a
B. I b
C. II a
D. C fibers
3. Each skeletal muscle fiber is controlled by a neuron at a single
A. Synaptic knob.
C. Neuromuscular junction.
D. Synaptic cleft.
4. The osmolar concentration of sodium in normal human plasma is approximately:
A. 275 - 295 mOsm/L
B. 135 - 145 mOsm/L
C. 240 - 250 mOsm/L
D. 95 - 110 mOsm/L
5. Which tissues do not require insulin for glucose uptake?
A. Red blood cells
B. Most parts of the CNS
C. Both A and B
D. Skeletal muscle
6. Muller's doctrine of specific nerve energies is otherwise known as:
A. Bell-Magendie law
B. labeled-line principle
C. Weber-Fechner law
D. law of projection
7. Which of the following statements about synaptic potentials is incorrect?
A. They are propagated down the postsynaptic neuron.
B. They undergo spatiotemporal summation.
C. They are analogous to generator potentials and end-plate potentials.
D. IPSP hyperpolarize the postsynaptic neuron.
8. Alpha block is produced by:
A. mental arithmetic
B. stimulation of ascending reticular activating system
C. opening one eye only
D. All these
9. The crossed extensor response is seen in:
A. healthy humans
B. the phase of spinal shock
C. chronic paraplegia
D. None of these
10. The SI unit of pressure is:
A. mm Hg
B. cm H2O
11. The number of muscle fibers innervated by a motor axon is smallest in:
B. orbicularis oculi
C. single-unit smooth muscle
12. Which of the following drugs produces therapeutic effects by downregulating hormone receptors in target cells?
B. Long acting GnRH analogs
13. In a healthy adult, ECF volume constitutes what fraction of body weight?
14. Uptake of potassium into cells is enhanced by which of the following hormones / mechanisms?
A. Thyroid hormones
C. Beta-adrenergic receptor activation
D. All these
15. Which receptor is directly involved in long- term potentiation?
A. Cholinergic receptors
B. P2 receptor
C. NMDA receptor
D. GABA-B receptor
16. Guarding is an example of:
A. stretch reflex
B. flexor withdrawal reflex
C. clasp knife effect
D. ?-? linkage
17. Feedforward inhibition has been well described in neural circuits in the:
A. spinal cord
C. stretch reflexes
D. nociceptive pathway
18. Which of the following is not a function of skeletal muscle?
A. produce movement
B. maintain posture
C. maintain body temperature
D. all of the above are functions of the skeletal muscle
19. Men castrated before puberty grow taller because:
A. release of growth hormone is increased
B. of androgen resistance
C. estradiol level in the epiphyseal growth plate takes longer to reach its threshold
D. of insensitivity to IGF-1
20. Which of the following contributes least to the osmolality of plasma?
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc