A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following quantities is dimensionless?
A. Specific gravity of plasma
B. Ejection fraction
C. Filtration fraction
D. All these
2. Sodium-glucose cotransport in the intestine and kidney is an example of:
A. primary active transport
B. secondary active transport
C. facilitated diffusion
D. passive transport
3. Which of the following acts as an ATPase during the contraction cycle of muscle?
A. actin molecules
B. troponin molecules
C. tropomyosin molecules
D. myosin cross-bridges
4. Though the equilibrium potential of Na is + 60 mV, membrane potential does not reach this value during the overshoot of the action potential because:
A. the concentration gradient of Na is reversed
B. Na channels undergo inactivation in 1 ms
C. voltage gated K channels open when membrane potential reaches 0 mV
D. B and C
5. Which of the following is not a feature of lower motor neuron lesions?
A. Muscle atrophy
6. The most abundant androgen in the plasma of both males and females is:
B. dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate
7. Which of the following is incorrect about cardiac muscle?
A. T-system is located at the Z lines.
B. Adjacent muscle cells are coupled by gap junctions
C. Intercalated disks are at Z-lines.
D. The twitch duration is shorter compared to type II skeletal muscle fibers.
8. Select all correct answers. Which of the following increase insulin resistance?
C. Growth hormone secreting tumor
D. All these
9. Which of the following hormones is not detectable in normal males?
B. Estradiol (E2)
C. Estrone (E1)
D. None of these
10. The membrane potential of cardiac muscle cells is most affected by even a small change in plasma concentration of:
11. The [H+] of arterial plasma is normally about:
A. 20 nmol/L
B. 30 nmol/L
C. 40 nmol/L
D. 50 nmol/L
12. In a healthy euthyroid adult, the thyroid gland predominantly secretes:
C. reverse T3
D. All these
13. Which of the following markers is incorrectly matched with its volume of distribution?
A. Antipyrine - total body water
B. Inulin - ECF volume
C. Evans blue - plasma volume
D. I125 albumin - blood volume
14. For the same conditions (as in the above question), the cell would be most excitable when its membrane potential is:
A. - 30 mV
B. - 55 mV
C. - 70 mV
D. - 90 mV
15. Which of the following is a rapidly adapting sensory receptor?
A. Muscle spindle
B. Carotid sinus
C. Pain receptor
D. Pacinian corpuscle
16. Which of the following transporters is present only in the sinusoidal membrane of hepatocytes?
A. Bile Salt Export Pump
B. LDL-cholesterol receptors
C. MDR 3 (Flippase)
D. Multidrug Resistance associated Protein - 2 (MRP-2)
17. The force of muscle contraction cannot be increased by:
A. increasing the frequency of activation of motor units
B. increasing the number of motor units activated
C. recruiting larger motor units
D. increasing the amplitude of action potentials in motor neurons
18. Which of the following exerts the greatest osmotic effect across capillaries on a mole-mole basis?
19. Which of the following is matched incorrectly?
A. Microfilaments: actin, myosin
B. Intermediate filaments: vimentin, keratin
C. Microtubules: clathrin
D. Cytoskeleton: spectrin, ankyrin
20. Which of the following statements regarding the thermic effect of feeding is incorrect?
A. It is most prominent at the time of eating.
B. It is aka specific dynamic action of food.
C. It is greater following a protein meal.
D. It is enhanced by sympathetic neural activity.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc