A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.|
For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. USB can supply power for all of the following except ___.
A. 4 port hub
D. External hard drive
2. What should you do if the fan in the power supply stops working?
A. Replace the fan.
B. Replace the case.
C. Lubricate the fan.
D. Replace the power supply.
3. A customer's monitor remains blank after she boots her PC. There were no error messages or beeps. What is the first thing the customer should check?
A. The monitor power is plugged into a power source.
B. The monitor data cable is plugged into the computer.
C. The video card is properly seated in the computer.
D. The monitor has been degaussed.
4. Which of the following can be used to clean the inside of a computer tower?
B. Canned air
C. Turbo fan
D. Liquid cleaner
5. Which motherboard type allows you to turn off the computer via software?
6. LCD Computer screens can be easily cleaned by using which of the following methods?
A. Using a soft cloth with sprayed windows cleaner and then used to gently wipe the screen.
B. Using a little water sprayed on a soft cloth and then used to gently wipe the screen.
C. Using a special anti-static vacuum being careful not to touch the screen directly.
D. Using a blast of compressed air and avoid touching the screen directly.
7. Which IRQ does the system timer use?
A. IRQ 0
B. IRQ 1
C. IRQ 2
D. IRQ 3
8. A customer complains that they receive malicious e-mails from the same user several times a day. What should you ask the customer?
A. When was the last time the anti-virus signatures were updated?
B. Have there been any strange e-mails received in the last few weeks?
C. When was the last time the hard drive was defragmenter?
D. Ask if the user knows the company policy for sending out viruses?
9. How many bits wide is the AGP Bus?
10. An ATX motherboard usually has:
A. An Integrated PS/2 mouse connector.
B. An AT keyboard connector.
C. Two IEEE 1284 Ports.
D. Two IEEE 1394 Ports.
11. You are installing a modem on COM3. Which I/O address should you normally use?
12. Which of the following are required to connect a laptop to a wireless network?
A. Wireless NIC
C. RJ 45
D. Cat 5e cable
13. You are the technician at MCQ Sets DOT Com. The CEO wants to migrate to a 64 bit processor. Which of following processors would you suggest using?
A. AMD Opteron
B. Intel Celeron
C. Intel k64
D. AMD k64
14. A video resolution of 800 into 600 would constitute which video mode?
15. The monitor is displaying mostly in green and not in normal colors. If monitor is not defective, which of the following would cause this?
A. The refresh rate is too fast.
B. The resolution is set too high
C. A pin on the connector is bent.
D. The drivers are installed incorrectly.
16. The CD-ROM has stopped working. You think the drive is not getting the proper voltage. What device can be used to determine the drive is getting the proper voltage?
A. Wire tester
C. Ohm meter
D. AMP meter
17. When upgrading components in a computer with a 200 Watt Power supply, what consideration should be made for the power requirements of the additional system components?
A. Determine the Power needed for the devices and replace the battery backup.
B. Determine the power needed for the devices and upgrade to power supply in necessary.
C. Determine the power needed for the devices and replace the system cooling fans with larger fans in needed.
D. Determine the power needed for the additional components and upgrade the processor if necessary.
18. A customer calls and says that her computer will not boot. She can hear noises and see lights on the box but nothing comes on the screen. What should you take to the site to fix the problem?
A. Hard Drive
B. Video Card
C. Power Cable
D. Power Supply
19. You install a new CD-RW in the CEO's PC. The PC has an existing Hard drive and CD-ROM that both on the primary channel. The new CD-RW is not recognized. Which is the BEST course of action?
A. Assume the CD-RW is faulty.
B. Reconfigure the CD-RW as primary master.
C. Check for an IRQ conflict.
D. Check is the secondary channel is set for auto detect.
20. What will the jumpers configuration be set to for a SCSI ID number 2?
Union Bank of India Account 448301010293420 Global Book Shop IFSC: UBIN0544833
Global Book Shop