A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. How should you open the tray on an inoperative CD-ROM drive?
A. Push the eject button.
B. Push in on the lower-right corner door.
C. Right-click the CD icon and select Eject.
D. Insert a paper clip into the CD drive eject hole.
2. What do you need to do when replacing the motherboard in a portable computer?
A. Ensure that the board is AT or ATX.
B. Match the manufacturer and the model number exactly.
C. Any motherboard will act as long as it is specified for a laptop.
D. Ensure that the board is from that manufacturer and that the boards are interchangeable.
3. What is the default IRQ for LPT1?
4. Which of the following can be used to clean the inside of a computer tower?
B. Canned air
C. Turbo fan
D. Liquid cleaner
5. You are installing a modem on COM3. Which I/O address should you normally use?
6. A customer complains that her PC boots and runs fine for a short period of time. Then it starts to exhibit various intermittent problems. What is the MOST probable cause of this?
A. Bad location in memory.
B. Disk drive that has a bad sector.
C. Heat problem caused by a bad fan.
D. Defective power supply.
7. Upgrading to a new AGP video card from a PCI video card has which of the following benefits?
A. Reduces heat inside the system unit
B. Frees up a USB slot
C. AGP type video cards have a newer design over the PC vide cards
D. Increases the video performance
8. Which statement is true concerning the installation of USB mouse?
A. You can plug it in while the computer is running.
B. You must first set up a specific IRQ for the device.
C. You must first set a DMA channel for the new device.
D. You must shut the computer down, plug in the mouse, and restart.
9. What should you do if the fan in the power supply stops working?
A. Replace the fan.
B. Replace the case.
C. Lubricate the fan.
D. Replace the power supply.
10. The computer will not boot from the floppy drive. What are the most likely causes?
A. There is no partition on the hard drive.
B. The boot floppy is formatted on FAT 16.
C. The boot sequence in the BIOS is incorrect
D. The hard drive has more than one partitions defined.
11. When upgrading components in a computer with a 200 Watt Power supply, what consideration should be made for the power requirements of the additional system components?
A. Determine the Power needed for the devices and replace the battery backup.
B. Determine the power needed for the devices and upgrade to power supply in necessary.
C. Determine the power needed for the devices and replace the system cooling fans with larger fans in needed.
D. Determine the power needed for the additional components and upgrade the processor if necessary.
12. When connecting to an 802.11 Wireless access point, which mode should be used?
A. WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
13. Which motherboard type allows you to turn off the computer via software?
14. A customer's monitor remains blank after she boots her PC. There were no error messages or beeps. What is the first thing the customer should check?
A. The monitor power is plugged into a power source.
B. The monitor data cable is plugged into the computer.
C. The video card is properly seated in the computer.
D. The monitor has been degaussed.
15. The electrical connector between the docking station and a portable computer is
A. Used as a surge suppressor
B. Manufacturer specific only
C. Manufacturer and model specific
D. Not propriety but is an industry standard
16. Which setting must a device have in order to interrupt the CPU?
B. I/O address
C. DMA channel
D. Memory address
17. A customer has a motherboard with a Slot A socket. What processor can the customer use?
A. An AMD K7
B. An Intel MMX
C. An AMD Athlon
D. An Intel Pentium Coppermine
18. What should you replace if the brightness or contrast adjustments were malfunctioning on a Laptop?
B. LCD Display
C. Adjustment Switch
D. LCD display Cable
19. What is a type of IDE translation?
20. You have just installed a new internal PCI modem in your desktop. It will not dial out. What is the problem?
A. The port speed is set too high.
B. The modem has not been set up in control panel properties
C. The phone line is plugged in to the line-in port on the modem card.
D. The phone line out of the wall is plugged into the phone port on the modem card.
Global Mall SCO 1, Alpha Commercial Complex, Fatehabad 125050 M: 9810570740, 9810571993
Tel: 01667221011, 9810570740, 9810571993 facebook.com/doctorkc