A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.|
For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Open loop control system is one in which the control action ?
A. depends on the input signal
B. is independent of the desired output
C. depends on system variables
D. depends on system size
2. The absolute measurement of resistance involves the measurement of ?
A. Length and time
B. Length and mass
D. Either A or C
3. For absolute measurement of current the method commonly used is ?
A. Electro-dynamometer method
B. Tangent galvanometer method
C. Rayleigh current balance method
D. Lorenz method
4. A closed loop control system is basically different from open loop control system due to ?
C. Actuating signal
D. Error signal
5. The material to be used in the manufacture of a standard resistor should be of ?
A. Low resistivity
B. High resistivity and low temparature co-efficient
C. High temp co-efficient
D. Low resistivity and high temparature co-efficient
6. An example of solid state device is ?
A. Zener diode
7. The generator develops an electric pressure by ?
A. Conversion of heat
B. Conversion of light
C. Electro-magnetic induction
D. Conversion of chemical energy
8. Ratings on a capacitor are given 25µF , 12V. Also a plus sign is written near one of its terminals. The capacitor is ?
A. Mica capacitor
B. Ceramic capacitor
C. Electrolytic capacitor
D. Paper capacitor
9. Transmission lines connect ?
A. generating station to a switching station / step down transformer station
B. step down transformer station to service transformer banks
C. distribution transformer to consumer premises
D. service points to consumer premises
10. Which of the following is usually not the generating voltage ?
A. 6.6 KV
B. 11 KV
C. 12.5 KV
D. 13.2 KV
11. DC motors are still preferred for use in ?
A. Electric excavators steel mills and cranes
B. Lathes and machine tools
C. Flour mills and jaw crushers
D. Paper industry
12. The disadvantages of renewable source of energy is/are ?
B. Lack of dependability
C. Availability in low energy densities
D. All the above
13. The basic elements of an electric drive are :
A. electric motor and the transmission system
B. electric motor ,the transmission and control system
C. the transmission and control system
D. electric motor and conversion equipment
14. An electric current is the ?
A. Random movement of electrons in a conductor
B. Movement of free electrons predominently in one direction
C. Pressure difference between two poles
D. The power that causes drift of electrons
15. The flow of electrical current in a conductor is due to flow of ?
C. Electrons and ions
D. Charged particles
16. A current is said to be direct current when its ?
A. Magnitude remains constant with time
B. Magnitude changes with time
C. Direction changes with time
D. Magnitude and direction changes with time
17. The frequency of a voltage at the secondary is ?
A. Greater than that of primary
B. Equal to that of primary
C. Less than that of primary
D. None of these
18. Which is a conventional source of energy ?
B. Radio-active substances
19. The highest transmission voltage in india is ?
A. 750 KV
B. 400 KV
C. 220 KV
D. 132 KV
20. An electron having mass ‘m’ kg and charge ‘e’ columb travels from rest through a potential difference of ‘V’ volts. It has a kinetic energy of ?
A. mV joules
B. m eV joules
C. eV joules
D. m/e joules
Union Bank of India Account 448301010293420 Global Book Shop IFSC: UBIN0544833
Global Book Shop