A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.|
For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. The temperature to which a work piece is heated depends on the material and the type of forging process, the temperature range for forging low carbon steel is?
A. 700 - 800 deg celsius
B. 650 - 920 deg celsius
C. 53.The temperature to which a work piece is heated depends on the material and the type of forging process, the temperature range for forging low carbon steel is?
D. 800 - 1300 deg celsius
2. Oil grooves are to be cut in brass half bearings. Which one of the following chisels in suitable?
A. Flat chisel
B. Cross chisel
C. Half round nose chisel
D. Web chisel
3. Which one of the following thread forms is provided in the threaded parts where the pressure acts on one flank of the threads during transmission?
A. V thread
B. Square thread
C. Knuckle thread
D. Buttress thread
4. Dressing and turning of a grinding wheel are?
A. Exactly the same operation
B. Done with the same equipment
C. Done only for coarse grinding wheels
D. Only for form grinding
5. CNC machine are not manually operated. They are controlled by means of?
A. A programme
B. An operating
C. A cam
D. A plug board system
6. The normal module of a helical gear with real module (m) of 6.62 and having an angle of 25 deg is?
A. 6.62 x sin 25 deg
B. 6.62 x cos 25 deg
C. 6.62 x tan 25 deg
D. 6.62 x cot 25 deg
7. A main purpose of using worm and worm wheel drives in machines and their accessories is to?
A. Transmit large torque
B. Provide large speed reduction from worm shaft to worm wheel
C. Transmit higher speeds
D. Provide large speed reduction from worm wheel to worm shaft
8. What is a built up edge is respect of a turning tool?
A. Job material embedded on tool edge
B. A carbide tip soldered on a tool shank
C. A method of reconditioning worn out cutting tool edge
D. A tool cutting edge with a crater on it
9. A steel workpiece of height tensile strength is to be machined with a HSS milling cutter, which one of the following rake angles is best suited for the cutter?
10. Why do you hold a workpiece lengthwise while machining in a planning machine?
A. It is easier to load workpiece lengthwise
B. The idle time will be minimised
C. The surface quality will be improved
D. The tool life will be increased
11. By using quick return mechanism in shaping machine the cutting stroke moves slow and return stroke fast. what is the ratio between cutting stroke and return stroke?
12. It is required to machine a single start worm of 2 module (m) and 60 mm pitch diameter, the speed ration is 40:1, to what length should the worm be cut?
A. 21 mm
B. 14.6 mm
C. 29.3 mm
D. 33.3 mm
13. The lead screw pitch of a milling machine is 5mm and the dividing head ratio is 40 : 1 the lead of the milling machine is?
A. 0.125 mm
B. 5 mm
C. 8 mm
D. 200 mm
14. Why it is necessary to maintain an approach distance between the cutting tool and the work while working on shaping machine?
A. To cool down the cutting edge of the tool bit
B. To avoid any ridger at the end of workpiece
C. To allow the chips to fall and clear the cutting edge
D. To enable the clapper box to return to cutting
15. What will be the result if the clearance angle in drill is increased?
A. Poor wedging action
B. Weak cutting edge
C. Rough hole surface
D. Increased point angle
16. Thread ring gauges are used check external threads. Separate 'Go' and 'No Go' gauging members are provided. Which one of the following screw thread elements is not checked with the ring gauges?
B. Helix angle
D. Pitch diameter
17. A 42 teeth involute helical gear with a helix angle of 45 deg is to be cut on a milling machine?
A. 12 to 13
B. 35 to 54
C. 135 to rake
D. 17 to 20
18. Morse taper is one of the internationally accepted standard tapers. The morse taper are available in numbers from?
A. 0 to 7
B. 0 to 8
C. 1 to 7
D. 1 to 8
19. Which one of the following operations can be done on slotting machine?
A. External keyway on long shaft
B. Internal grooves
C. Woodruff keyway on a shaft
D. Keyway for feather keys
20. Which is the correct expression for the unit of feed rate in milling?
Union Bank of India Account 448301010293420 Global Book Shop IFSC: UBIN0544833
Global Book Shop