A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.|
For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. You have to machine a flat surface on a work piece of two metres length. Which machine will you choose for this?
2. While machining cast iron coolant should be?
A. Dry air
C. Machine oil
D. soft water
3. A gear wheel has 36 teeth and 3 mm module, its pitch diameter is?
A. 12 mm
B. 75 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 108 mm
4. A main purpose of using worm and worm wheel drives in machines and their accessories is to?
A. Transmit large torque
B. Provide large speed reduction from worm shaft to worm wheel
C. Transmit higher speeds
D. Provide large speed reduction from worm wheel to worm shaft
5. If A : B = 1 : 2 and B : C = 4 : 5 then the ratio between A : B : C will be:
A. 1 : 2 : 4
B. 2 : 4 : 5
C. 3 : 4 : 5
D. 4 : 5 : 6
6. The axis of the plate cam blank and the end mill spindle should always remain?
A. Inclined to each other
B. Parallel to each other
C. Opposite to each other
D. Vertical and inclined
7. Which country has granted temporary asylum to Edward Joseph Snowden who leaked details of the US program of mass surveillance of electronic data
B. Hong Kong
8. Indexing head mechanism works with?
A. Rock and gear
B. Worm and worm gear
C. Two helical gear
D. Two bevel gear
9. How many medals are won by India in Olympics 2012?
A. 3 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver
B. 7 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver, 1 gold
C. 6 medals, 4 bronze and 2 silver
D. 8 medals, 1 bronze and 2 silver, 5 gold
10. Which famous explorer visited India in the late 13th century?
A. Vasco Da Gama
B. Marco Polo
C. Ferdinand Magellan
D. None of the above
11. A gear wheel has 36 teeth (z) and 3 mm module (m) its pitch diameter cutter?
A. 12 mm
B. 75 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 108 mm
12. Thread ring gauges are used check external threads. Separate 'Go' and 'No Go' gauging members are provided. Which one of the following screw thread elements is not checked with the ring gauges?
B. Helix angle
D. Pitch diameter
13. If X + 3 Y = 8 and 2 X + 5 Y = 12 , the value of X & Y will be respectively:
A. - 4, 4
B. 3.5, 1
C. 1, 2
D. 2, 2
14. What is a built up edge is respect of a turning tool?
A. Job material embedded on tool edge
B. A carbide tip soldered on a tool shank
C. A method of reconditioning worn out cutting tool edge
D. A tool cutting edge with a crater on it
15. Which one of the following thread forms is provided in the threaded parts where the pressure acts on one flank of the threads during transmission?
A. V thread
B. Square thread
C. Knuckle thread
D. Buttress thread
16. What will be the result if the clearance angle in drill is increased?
A. Poor wedging action
B. Weak cutting edge
C. Rough hole surface
D. Increased point angle
17. Which is the correct expression for the unit of feed rate in milling?
18. A traveling steady is fixed on the saddle of a Lathe. What is the function of this steady rest?
A. To prevent bending of long shafts due to cutting forces
B. To avoid load on the lathe centres while turning long
C. To reduce the load on the cutting tool while turning
D. To enables to turn at higher cutting speeds than recommended
19. The position of gear cutter on the arbor for rack milling is?
A. Nearer to the column
B. Nearer to the arbor support
C. At the middle
D. At any point on the arbor
20. An irregularly shaped workpiece is turned on a lathe. which one of the following work holding accessories is used?
A. Three jaw chuck
B. Two jaw chuck
C. Driving plate
D. Face plate
Union Bank of India Account 448301010293420 Global Book Shop IFSC: UBIN0544833
Global Book Shop