A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. The normal module of a helical gear with real module (m) of 6.62 and having an angle of 25 deg is?
A. 6.62 x tan 25 deg
B. 6.62 x sin 25 deg
C. 6.62 x cos 25 deg
D. 2.The normal module of a helical gear with real module (m) of 6.62 and having an angle of 25 deg is?
2. After simplification of ( 3 / 4 ) + ( 2 / 5 ) - ( 7 / 20 ), we will get:
A. 19 / 40
B. 9 / 20
C. 4 / 5
D. 17 / 20
3. The tensile strength of a metal is its ability to resist fracture when subjected to tensile loads, the tensile strength of metals are expressed in?
A. N/mm sq.
B. Kg/mm sq.
C. N. Metre
D. Kg. Metre
4. Indexing head mechanism works with?
A. Rock and gear
B. Worm and worm gear
C. Two helical gear
D. Two bevel gear
5. Why do you hold a workpiece lengthwise while machining in a planning machine?
A. The tool life will be increased
B. The surface quality will be improved
C. It is easier to load workpiece lengthwise
D. The idle time will be minimised
6. The quality control allows at the most 0.4% defective parts, How many defective parts can be allowed in a production of 500 parts?
7. By using quick return mechanism in shaping machine the cutting stroke moves slow and return stroke fast. what is the ratio between cutting stroke and return stroke?
8. A main purpose of using worm and worm wheel drives in machines and their accessories is to?
A. Provide large speed reduction from worm shaft to worm wheel
B. Transmit higher speeds
C. Transmit large torque
D. Provide large speed reduction from worm wheel to worm shaft
9. Dressing and turning of a grinding wheel are?
A. Done with the same equipment
B. Only for form grinding
C. Exactly the same operation
D. Done only for coarse grinding wheels
10. Which one of the following operations can be done on slotting machine?
A. External keyway on long shaft
B. Internal grooves
C. Woodruff keyway on a shaft
D. Keyway for feather keys
11. What will be the result if the clearance angle in drill is increased?
A. Rough hole surface
B. Increased point angle
C. Poor wedging action
D. Weak cutting edge
12. Which one of the following equipments is used in the shop floor for the checking of the form that is being turned?
A. Tool room microscope
C. Snap gauge
D. Dial test indicator and slip gauges
13. A metallic alloy consists of 3 metals X, Y & Z and have proportionate weight ratio of 3 :4 : 5. What will be the weight of metal Y if the total weight of alloy is 300 Kg.
A. 75 Kg
B. 125 Kg
C. 75 Kg
D. None of these
14. You have to machine a flat surface on a work piece of two metres length. Which machine will you choose for this?
15. Rough and finish boring operations are carried out to machine a hole in a milling machine, for rough boring select?
A. Slow spindle speed and fine feed
B. Slow spindle speed and coarse feed
C. High spindle speed and fine feed
D. High spindle speed and coarse feed
16. If A : B = 1 : 2 and B : C = 4 : 5 then the ratio between A : B : C will be:
A. 1 : 2 : 4
B. 2 : 4 : 5
C. 3 : 4 : 5
D. 4 : 5 : 6
17. You have to file an aluminum block to a smooth finish, which one of the following cut of file is most suitable?
A. Double cut
B. Curved cut
C. Rasp cut
D. Single cut
18. MGNREGA provides legal guarantee for employment at minimum wages to adult members of a household in a financial year for at least
A. 120 days
B. 90 days
C. 100 days
D. 80 days
19. A gear wheel has 36 teeth and 3 mm module, its pitch diameter is?
A. 12 mm
B. 75 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 108 mm
20. Convert 0.485 into percentage:
A. 0.485 %
B. 4.85 %
C. 48.5 %
D. 485 %
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc