A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. During examination 34 show gingival recession buccally, the least correct reason is:
A. Frenum attachment.
B. Patient is right hand brushed.
C. Occlusal force.
D. Inadequate gingival
2. Periodontally involved root surface must be root planed to:
A. Remove the attached plaque and calculus.
B. Remove the necrotic cementum.
C. Change the root surface to become biocompatible
D. A and B
3. Chlorhexidine is used as mouth wash in the concentration of:
A. 0.1-0.2 %.
B. 1-2 %.
C. 5-10 %.
D. 20 %
4. All of these are right ways to handle the instrument EXCEPT ?
A. Modified pen handle.
B. Inverted pen.
C. Pen handle.
D. Palm and thumb
5. Main use of dental floss:
A. Remove over hang.
B. Remove bacterial plaque.
C. Remove food debris
D. Remove calculus.
6. Patient comes to you with edematous gingiva, inflamed, loss of gingival contour and recession, what's the best tooth brushing technique?
A. Modified bass.
B. Modified stillman.
7. An 18 years old Patient present complaining of pain, bad breath and bleeding gingival. This began over the weakened while studying for the final exam. The patient may have which of the following conditions:
A. Rapidly progressive periodontitis
B. Acute necrotizing ulcerative gingivitis
C. Desquamative gingivitis.
D. Acute periodontal cyst
8. Overhanging restoration margins should be removed because:
A. It provides ideal location for plaque accumulation.
B. It tears the gingival fibers leading to attachment loss.
C. Its removal permits more effective plaque control.
D. A and C
9. Cementum in cervical 2/3 have:
A. Intermediate cementum
B. Cellular mixed fibers.
C. A Cellular intrinsic fiber.
D. A Cellular extrinsic fiber.
10. Dental plaque is formed after :
A. 6 hours.
B. 12 hours.
C. 24 hours.
D. 48 hours
11. Periodontal ligament fibers in the middle third of the root is:
D. Any of these
12. The best method for brushing :
B. Bass sulcular method.
D. All of the above
13. Attrition may be caused by
A. Friction due to pipe.
B. Friction during sleep.
C. Gastric acid.
14. Biological width:
A. 1 mm.
B. 2 mm.
C. 3 mm.
D. 4 mm
15. The periodontium comprise which of the following tissues:
A. Gingival, PDL, and alveolar bone.
B. Gingival, PDL, alveolar bone, cementum, and enamel
C. Gingival, PDL, alveolar bone, and cementum.
D. Gingiva and the PDL.
16. Calculus induce further periodontal lesion due to:
A. Directly stimulates inflammation.
B. More plaque adhere to it.
C. Irritate the gingiva.
D. All of these
17. Treatment of gingival trauma from faulty oral hygiene is mainly:
A. To advice the patient to give up faulty habits immediately
B. Reassure the patient that it will disappear by itself.
C. To buy a new brush
D. All of these
18. Acute periodontal abscess:
A. Fistula present.
B. Swelling enlargement in tooth site.
C. Both A and B
D. None of these
19. Bass brushing has the advantage of the bristles enters in the cervical area , and it is recommended for all patients:
A. First is true ,second is wrong.
B. Both statements are false.
C. First is wrong , second is true
D. Both statements are true.
20. For treatment of pericoronitis:
A. Extraction of the tooth.
B. Analgesic + Sterility + Antibiotic.
C. Cleaning with concentrated phenol.
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc