A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Which of the following antibiotics contains a beta-lactam ring in their chemical structure :
C. Carbapenems and monobactams
D. All groups
2. Which of the following statements is FALSE?
A. Glucagon is synthesized in the A cells of the pancreatic islets of Langerhans.
B. Glucagon is extensively degraded in the liver and kidney as well as in plasma, and at its tissue receptor sites.
C. Half-life of glucagon is between 6 and 8 hours, which is similar to that of insulin
D. Glucagon is a peptide – identical in all mammals – consisting of a single chain of 29 amino acids
3. Which of the following agents is related to tricyclic antidepressants?
4. Select the drug stimulating the protective function of the mucous barrier and the stability of the mucous membrane against damaging factors:
5. If two drugs with the same effect, taken together, produce an effect that is equal in magnitude to the sum of the effects of the drugs given individually, it is called as:
C. Additive effect
D. None of the above
6. Indicate the drug belonging to proton pump inhibitors:
7. Indicated the inhaled anesthetic, which decreases the ventilatory response to hypoxia:
B. Nitrous oxide
8. Weak acids are excreted faster in ____ urine and weak bases are excreted faster in ____ urine.
A. Acidic; Alkaline
B. Alkaline; Acidic
C. Acidic; Neutral
D. Neutral; Alkaline
9. Tick the drug used for toxoplasmosis treatment:
10. Chronic long-term therapy of myasthenia is usually accomplished with:
11. Which of the following sedative-hypnotic drugs does not potentiate the CNS depressant effects of ethanol, phenothiazines, or tricyclic antidepressants?
12. Which of the following occurs with drugs that are extremely small, such as Lithium?
A. Receptor mediated endocytosis
B. Nonspecific binding
C. Vasodilation when injected intravenously (IV)
D. Minor drug movement within the body
13. Which drug is an analog of prostaglandin E1?
14. Characteristics of dobutamine include all of the following EXCEPT:
A. It is used to treat bronchospasm
B. It causes minimal changes in heart rate and systolic pressure
C. It increases atrioventricular conduction
D. It is a relatively beta1-selective synthetic catecholamine
15. Which of the following statements is not correct?
A. There are at least three subtypes of alfa1 receptors, designated alfa1a, alfa1b and alfa1d
B. ALFA1a subtype mediates prostate smooth muscle contraction
C. ALFA1b subtype mediates vascular smooth muscle contraction
D. ALFA1a subtype mediates both vascular and prostate smooth muscle contraction
16. These drugs may be used in the treatment of recurrent calcium nephrolithiasis:
A. Potassium-sparing diuretics
B. Loop diuretics
C. Osmotic diuretics
D. Thiazide diuretics
17. Mifepristone (RU-486) is:
18. Prescribed: Ceclor 150 mg. On hand: Ceclor 300 mg tablets. How many tablets do you need?
A. 30 tablets
B. 5 tablets
C. 50 tablets
D. 0.5 tablets
19. The drug needs aldosterone present in order to be effective:
A. Hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril)
B. Amiloride (Midamor)
C. Both of the above
D. None of these
20. Which of the following statements refers to gallium nitrate:
B. It is approved by the FDA for the management of hypercalcemia of malignancy
D. This drug acts by inhibiting bone resorption
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc