A fresh set of 20 random questions is generated every time you open this page and every time you refresh it.For each of the following multiple choice questions, choose the most appropriate answer :
1. Large diameter, densely packed myofibrils, large glycogen reserves, and few mitochondria are characteristics of
A. Slow fibers.
B. Intermediate fibers.
C. Fast fibers.
D. Red muscles.
2. The latch-bridge mechanism in smooth muscle is responsible for:
A. Fast muscle twitch
B. Sustained muscle contraction
C. Excitation-contraction coupling
D. Unstable membrane potential
3. In which layer of the cortex do specific thalamic afferents end?
A. Layer VI
B. Layer IV
C. Layer I
D. Layer II
4. Which G protein activates adenylyl cyclase?
5. The most frequent type of movement in the small intestine in the digestive state is:
C. Slow wave
D. Segmentation contraction
6. The smallest amount of muscle that can contract in response to excitation of a single motor neuron is:
A. 1 muscle fiber
B. All muscle fibers supplied by that neuron
C. A muscle fasciculus
D. The entire muscle
7. Which of the following increases insulin / glucagon molar ratio the most?
A. A large carbohydrate meal
B. Intravenous glucose
C. Overnight fast
D. A small protein meal
8. In the CNS, the membranes that wrap around myelinated neurons are those of:
A. Schwann cells
C. Endothelial cells
9. Which of the following events in postsynaptic neuronal membrane underlie excitatory postsynaptic potentials?
A. Opening of Na channels
B. Closure of K channels
C. Opening of calcium channels
D. All these
10. The hormone of energy storage (hormone of plenty) is:
A. Growth hormone
11. Acetylcholine is:
A. An ion pump
B. A neurotransmjtter
C. A component of thick myofilaments
D. A source of energy for muscle contraction
12. Which of the following contributes least to the osmolality of plasma?
13. In humans, spinal shock is characterized by:
A. Loss of autonomic function
B. Spastic paralysis
14. The most abundant androgen in the plasma of both males and females is:
B. Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate
15. Which of the following is a bile acid synthesized by the hepatocyte?
A. Sodium taurocholate
B. Lithocholic acid
C. Deoxycholic acid
D. Chenodeoxycholic acid
16. The most abundant protein in mammalian cells is:
17. Excitability, in neurophysiology, is defined as:
A. Use of more than 30% of ATP synthesized for powering the Na-K ATPase
B. Response to a threshold stimulus with a propagated action potential
C. Presence of voltage gated ion channels in a tissue
D. Presence of a resting membrane potential
18. Diurnal variation in eosinophil count is due to
C. Thyroid hormones
19. Which of the following statements about the pineal gland in human beings is correct?
A. It directly responds to light.
B. It is part of the nervous system.
C. It is controlled by the hypothalamus.
D. All these
20. The Oral Rehydration Solution is helpful in rehydration in diarrheas because:
A. 1Na-1K-2Cl symporter is located only in the basolateral membrane
B. Toxins inhibit facilitated glucose transport
C. Na-glucose symporter is unaffected in toxigenic diarrheas
D. CAMP regulated Cl secretion is reduced
Global Book Shop
B-1/104 Paschim Vihar, New Delhi 110063
Tel: 01142316457, 9810570740 facebook.com/doctorkc